Perpetual Motion

August 6, 2007, 8:40 pm


Had a great time in Colorado in the Gunnison -Buena Vista area (Holt's Guest Ranch-Taylor Lake) is where I was with my Oklahoma friends for 8-9 days.  Very relaxing (that could be the wrong adjective here).  Very adventureous for me.....some firsts!  I had never been ATVing...now I have.  I didn't have my own and everyone else did.  That's OK!  So, I rode in the back of others when I went.  There were about 25-30 of them from the ages 3 to 66 (both my friend Pat & I were the 66 year old grannies).  We called ourselves "Grand Dames"!  We were hot!

No one would tear themselves away to go White Water Rafting but......I'll be in the west for a few more weeks and hopefully will do that "first",  as well.

Jackson Hole/Star Valley (Butch Cassidy's old residence) is where I am now, and not surprisingly, I'm loving the ranges, the valleys, the peaks, the breath-taking views at 8,000 ft.

Tomorrow I head north to Glacier National Park.  Along the way, I will take many less traveled roads so it may take a while to get there.  Actually I may not find too many of roads less traveled in this well traveled & popular wild west.             

I continue to know how lucky I am that I'm able to do this.  A very good friend of mine back in Santa Cruz, CA and a co-worker for 25 years (a picture of health) a runner/avid tennis player/ eats everything right) just found out she has breast cancer.  We just never know, do we?!

Til next time......happy traveling.....who may be kindred spirits!

No comments: