It's The Little Things...part 2

June 10, 2010


On the way home from Palm Springs, Deanie and I went through my old stomping grounds.  She had not spent time in Westwood Village, Beverly Hills, or Santa Monica, and had not been to Rodeo Drive  So we went!  I showed her a few places where I lived in the early 70's.  It was fun for me, too.  We didn't go shopping, .but did take a few pictures.  .





The picture below has special memories for me and my daughter, Angela.  We lived within a couple minutes from the Santa Monica Pier.  It was quite exciting in those days.  Many movies are/were made on that pier and we met many of the celebrities .....from Wilt Chamberlin to James Garner to Paul Newman to Robert Redford....and many more.















We also stopped in beautiful Santa Barbara on the way home and stayed at at a fabulous RV Resort.  I had stayed there before and wanted my sis to experience it.  She loved it. 







It was on a Friday and it was cold but......we were just in time for the Friday Night BBQ.....it was scrumptious!  Cod, Shrimp, sweet potato fries, cole slaw.  It's not far from Santa Cruz so another time when we have ... time, we will go back and spend a few days. 


Last year my niece gave us tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  Since they were getting ready to expire, we decided we'd force ourselves to go.  She had also given us tickets to the DeYong Museum for the King Tut Exhibit and we were so excited to go.  It was the last day it would be in San Francisco.  Well, my sis ended up in the hospital for a few days so we didn't make that.  With trepidation, we took off to Monterey.  We always have fun and MBA was no exception.  Took a few pictures.  The Hot Pink Flamingo Exhibit is the newest one so I hadn't seen it.  To the right is a leafy sea dragon.
We had lunch/dinner in the facilities dining room and the food was just what I wanted.  Crab Cakes with a fabulous sauce, salad....with the back drop of the beautiful Pacific Ocean.  A fine day indeed.  I tried to get artistic with the wine, glasses, and binoculars and that was before I'd had a sip.
Deanie                                                                                          Patty


Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial weekend some friends had a b-b-q at their home with about 15-16 people.  Guess it's always about the food  That was good ... so was the company.  Old people know how to do it!  Bob and Lynn always have great parties and Bob knows who rules.

Old peoole like to sing the oldies and we did a lot of that as Jan played the piano!



Some of the food.........



Half Moon Bay
For the last week I've been in Half Moon Bay at my nieces just hanging out, scanning old photos, catching up with my writing, and lots of dog time.  Next week I'm on the road again to Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.  Will see lots of friends along the way and am looking forward to it. 
My niece and her Buddy.....The Gypsy and her TaZzi
and that's what it's about.....the little things.......next time you hear from me, I'll be in Canada.

No comments: