"fixin’ ta git my zin on....."

October 3, 2008 - Friday 

As of today....the day of America's vice presidential debate....
 
          ....the day of the "ear-marked bail-out" aka "the rescue" of America will happen....or NOT...
 
...the day I bought my Mexican insurance....it was expensive....so I will go....
 
               ...a good time to leave the states for a while....my absentee ballot will get to me soon.....I'll vote...
 
......then head to the Baja for a few months...
so on November 4....I'll be celebrating or NOT.  For sure I will have a Mexican Christmas.....and I will also celebrate Thanksgiving with the Gringos....& my Mexican friends. 
 
I will fill my days with snorkelling, fishing, swimming, ski-do-ing, quading, dancing, eating fabulous food, drinking beer and margarita's, meeting new friends and hanging with old friends, bird watching, overlooking and playing on white sandy beaches.....
 
The area is blessed with great climate, natural beauty, rich history, centuries' old traditions and the warmest hospitality.  Blended with the old are modern conveniences...some Internet cafes...very fine dining....
 
I won't be staying right in Cabo.....I'll be in the magical "Pueblo Magíco" community of Todos Santos.  It is home of renowned art galleries (a haven for artists, craftsmen, surfers, divers, and travellers seeking adventure). 
 
 
It was 1998 when I first visited this incredible area with family.  It was quite a memorable vacation....we snorkelled, we went ski-do-ing, ate tons of shrimp, we swam in the ocean and the pools, some surfed, some bought jewelry from the ever-so bargaining Mexican's selling on the beaches, we dodged cows on the tiny roads......
 
I leave in 2-3 weeks...I'm at the mercy of my friend, Bob.  He and his wife, Janet, live here in Santa Cruz for a few months and the rest of the year in Todos Santos.....she is an artist and teacher and Bob is a lifeguard, runs the summer program for junior lifeguards, surfs, dives.....in fact it is up to the surf as to when we will leave.    
 
So you can see how I'm 'getting ready to get my Zen on'.........and I will keep you posted on my adventures......
 
Adiós....Pat (ty) aka Gypsy Mama

No comments: